It’s April! Time for the A to Z Blog Challenge. Each day through April (except Sundays) we’re writing a blog post to the Letter of the Day. The 1st is ‘A’, the 2nd is ‘B’ … and so on until we get to ‘Z’.
Some of the participating blogs have themes – and some don’t. Shangri-La Days shares peaceful and relaxing places to visit, rejuvenate and restore your soul. Stop back by tomorrow to see what we added. Or, better yet, follow us and the post will go directly to your inbox. And don’t worry, after April is we go back to the once a week schedule (if that), so your inbox won’t explode.
We’re on Facebook too! https://www.facebook.com/ShangriLaDays?ref=hl
C: Clark Gardens, Weatherford, Texas
“The breath-taking 50-acre oasis awakens the senses, stirs the spirit and relaxes the mind. From the first spring blossoms to the colorful fall, there is a sense of magic.”
I’ll attest to the fact that they don’t exaggerate. I had the pleasure of attending the Iris Festival there in 2013. It was so lovely I did not want to leave. I didn’t have the time to see a fraction of the beautiful gardens that grace the 50 acres.
If you’re anywhere around Weatherford or Mineral Wells, Texas, you’ll want to stop by and refresh in the lovely surroundings. http://www.clarkgardens.org/
Here’s a link that shows some of the gardens. http://www.clarkgardens.org/images/stories/files/map_of_gardens/clark_gardens_guide_map_feb2015_w.pdf
Business Office Monday-Friday (year-round excluding holidays) 8:00 am – 5:00 pm 940-682-4856
OPEN SEASON (No appointment necessary.)
- March 6, 2015 through July 5, 2015 (the first weekend in March through July 4th weekend)
- September 3, 2015 through November 29, 2015
- March 4, 2016 through July 4, 2016
- September 2, 2016 through November 27, 2016SUMMER & WINTER SEASONS – By Appointment Only, Excluding Private Events & Festivals –
- Times: Monday-Saturday: 8:00 am to 6:00 pm Sunday: 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
- July 6, 2015 through September 3, 2015
- November 30, 2015 through March 3, 2016
- July 6, 2016 through September 1, 2016
Do you have a favorite place where you like to go retreat and find peace? Where is it at? Leave us a comment about your favorite sanctuary location. We’d love to know!